Sunday 12 August 2012

Can Majo


Address: Almirall Aixada 23, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Phone: 93-221-5455

Why we dined here: Can Majo came up consistently in our Google search for the best paella in Barcelona.

In a Nutshell: Delicious paella!

We went to Can Majo as a last day stop in search for Barcelona's best paella after scouring the web for reviews and recommendations. We couldn't leave Spain without having an authentic paella experience. The restaurant was located in the harbor are but right at the waterfront so you have to navigate some small streets to find it. We arrived there very late (near 11pm) but it was still bustling with patrons. The paella was the best I've had - very flavorful and the rice had good texture. This was the only paella I had in Spain though. All my other paella experiences were from Canada or the Philippines.

I docked one point off my review for the price and the service. I found the service to be spotty. Sometimes, you'd have to wait a while to get service and the servers weren't as friendly as in other restaurants in Barcelona.

Olives, bread and Rose wine

Seafood soup

Paella

Creme brulee


No comments:

Post a Comment